My 6 month old still has terrible craddle cap and I can't get it to go away! Any suggestions?

My poor little guys looks like he's got half his scalp falling off because of craddle cap. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do to make it go away!

mama_hayes

Asked by mama_hayes at 4:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had this very badly also. I bought all sorts of stuff that people said worked. Nothing did! Don't pick at it and it will go away. My son's went away around one year. But I couldn't find anything to cure it.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• hate to say it sis but lys and shy still have it "(

luvs to my lil man
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 4:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Selsun Blue.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Kaylee is 6 months and hers just started to go away on its own, after futile attempts to make it disappear!

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• As long as you're really careful not to get any in his face, you can use a little bit of Head and Shoulders. It really works and my doctor said it was ok to do.
    Anonymous

• My son had the same thing! Try using Head and Shoulders shampoo every time you wash his/her hair!
    Latrece757

Answer by Latrece757 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What is cradle cap...new mom soon!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i give my lil one a bath every night,right when he gets out put some lotion on ur hand then pour some baby oil into the lotion then put it on his head.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What have you tried already? Make sure you comb his hair every day then, 20 minutes before bathtime, put some baby oil on the bad spots. Shampoo it away as usual. You need to be diligent, but I haven't seen cradle cap for a month!

KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My pediatrician recommended using a small amount of a potent dandruff shampoo called Sebulex (found only in drug stores). You only need to use a dime size amount and rinse thoroughly being careful not to get into infant's eyes - worked for my now 23 month old and will use again on my 2 month old who also has cradle cap. Good luck.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008