Is this weird or what?

I am pregnant with my 2nd and my 1st child i didn't get no stretch marks and he was 8lb 6oz but with this one i am getting them (ewww!) and she is underweight ,they said her weight wont catch up where she needs to be. So why am i getting them and my unborn is so small!? I am 31 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Becasue your body, your hormones, your skin and everything else reacts differently to each and every pregnancy. Perhaps you are carrying this baby in a different position, causing the skin to stretch differently. Perhaps you gained weight differently last time...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm just gonna agree that it's weird, I don't know why things could be going the way they are! Every pregnancy is different, so your body could just be reacting differently....
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• well. i got them the day before my water broke. talk about waiting until the last minute! i think its honestly just your skin. because your first was so big you might just be suceptible to them. my friend didnt get them with her first or second but with her third she got them at 26 weeks.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• LOL, mine came while I was in labor!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i had them the last week also i have 5 more days and the strech maks appeared...i hate that it drives me crazy,but we can t do nothing about it ,even coco butter wouldn t do nothing
    tigernina

Answer by tigernina at 5:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was wandering the same thing! Well sorta.... My first was a 9lb baby and I didnt get a single stretch mark, now being pregnant again only 7 weeks, I have begun to wander if I will hopefully skip out again.... Now Im thinking I probably wont! It is weird...
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I didn't get stretch marks the first time and I did the second time around, only in my case, my second was huge. There's nothing you can do about them, but they'll fade over time.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008