WHAT SHOULD I DO

MY BREAST ARE ALWAYS HURTING.I HAD TWIN BOYS TWO MONTHS AGO {SEPTEMEBER19}AND THE HURT.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS.I NEED OPINIONS PLEASE

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 4:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding? What kind of hurt are we talking about?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• YES IM BREASTFEEDING.LIKE WHEN I TOUCH IT,IT HURTS.
    bossrenee

Answer by bossrenee at 5:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• if your breast feeding try pumping out the remainder of the milk the babies didnt drink and storing it for them. if you chose not to breast feed then apply ice to your chest it will help dry you out and hurt less
    unsureforsure

Answer by unsureforsure at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Mine are uncomfortable if I put pressure on them, but they don't hurt. Is this just when they're full, or all the time? I'd try draining them completely, either with a pump or a combination nursing and pump. Are your babies latching on properly? If not, that can cause a pain and make them sore for awhile. Does the hospital you delivered at have a lactation consultant? I'd give her a call and tell her what you're feeling and doing, otherwise you could contact a La Leche League in your area.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i would call my ob or talk to a lactation consultant (talk to your ped office, they should be able to refer you to someone).

it could be a clogged duct, you can massage your breast under hot water in the shower. it will help.

however, i would still contact your doc, sometimes you can get infections in your milk ducts.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My thought would be a clogged duct or thrush. Does your baby (ies) have white spots in his / their mouth that don't wipe off? Here are 2 articles one has links to information on thrush and the other is about clogged ducts and mastitis. I hope something helps! http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/thrush-resources.html

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 6:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I've had a clogged duct a couple of times. To get rid of it, I: nursed from it, trying to position baby's head so that it massages the sore spot, took a warm shower and massaged the area, drank lots of water, pumped it dry, and put warm compresses on it. At night, I'd go to sleep with a heating pad on it and I'd wake up clog-free. It couldn't hurt to give any and all of these a try.

However, you say they're ALWAYS hurting...a clogged duct will usually turn into mastitis or another breast infection if you don't take care of it, so it may be too late for any of these things to work...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008