Where should I look to find an apartment/house for rent?

Everything on craigslist is a joke and I cant find a good website with places in my area. Where did you guys look to find your house? Any suggestions?

pinupbeauty90

Asked by pinupbeauty90 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• forrent.com
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I found my last two places on Craigslist...sorry. I found an awesome deal and I am basking in it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• houses for rent is tricky... I drove around in neighborhoods I wanted to rent, and snagged numbers off all the signs they post! Like here locally they have companies like Tiner, but wouldn't know that unless you saw the yard signs... sux... but google local ones in your area?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• STAY AWAY FROM CRAIGS LIST... I know here in California there are people in the neighbohoods pretending to rent, and they don;t even own them, and they scam you out of cash you'll never see again! By the time you go to small claims, and all that, won't make the difference it need to be
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You can go through realtors and real estate sites now to find homes to rent since so many homes are unsold.

You can also try driving through neighborhoods you'd like to live in, many have for rent signs with phone numbers right on them. Also check the classified ads in the local paper.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• boy kissing momCraiglist been good to me I jus found my house last week on there...

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• www.realtor.com. This is all I ever use to find a place to rent.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We found our house on craigslist. We were moving from the other side of the country. I love our house and the town it's in and our landlady is great.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Have you tried your local paper? Also another good place to look (depending on how much noise you can take) is near a college campus. There's always houses for rent even in the middle of the school year.
    renoshorty56

Answer by renoshorty56 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011