Did you have to take a test to find out if you were pregnant or did you just know?

Sahaira

Asked by Sahaira at 10:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first I tested, but I sorta knew. It was unexpected, unplanned so I wasn't looking for symptoms. With my second two, I knew. Right away!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I knew (it was unplanned) but I took a test to confirm
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ~*Knew*~... and refused a glass of wine on my birthday, than tested, and a week after with doctor... my instincts were right
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I always know before the test even gives a positive result lol after 4 pregnancies I'm a pro at knowing haha
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• With DD, I knew as soon as my period was late. With my twins, I was planning that we'd need one more infertility treatment cycle to get pregnant. I never suspected as I never felt the morning sickness I had with DD.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• For both my boys I knew but took the test to confirm it.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• With my first I just knew, even before I took the test. There was one other time before though I may have been pregnant but I really wasn't sure and then when it came time to start thinking about taking a test again I just knew I was pregnant this time. With my second I wasn't sure - I took a home test and that was inconclusive, I took a urine test at the hospital clinic and at first the go "that's negative" and at first I was happy because my hubby and I were having some serious issues at the time but then a minute later the nurse checked it again and comes back in the room to say "I was wrong, the test is positive - there is a very faint line so you're probably not far along." so then I felt like an ass because the nurse gave me a worried look because I was relieved when she told me it was negative but in the end I have my two babies and got rid of their dad so it worked out for me and my kids.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We were trying, and I was testing every other day. I had no idea until I popped up positive!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• With my first I tested. We had been trying for 3 years and by the end of the 2nd year I just stopped testing. I was like 2 days late and just tested and got my positive. With my second I knew because I was exhausted by 6 p.m.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I knew with my son but tested to confirm, the next three (which I ended up losing) I had a hunch but I might be but the tests confirmed it. With this one (due in May) I didn't really know. We were on vacation and I realized I was 2 days late so the night before we left for our cruise I tested just to basically see if I could drink or not and sure enough! Knocked up! ;-)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 12:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011