Mock Sushi?? Any Japenese Mom's know what I'm talking about??

When I was little my Aunt dated a Japenese Man. We'd go visit his Mom's house with her and they would make "mock sushi". I believe it was wrapped in some sort of wrapper. Not sure if it was like a wonton wrapper....I'm thinking it was maybe even a tofu wrapper?? Inside was rice that was very sweet and vinegary (is that a word?) the outside wrapper was light brown. Not sure if they deep fried this or what. I remember eating them cold though, so I don't know if they actually fried them.

I loved them and would love to be able to make them. Anyone??

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Inari... Its fried Tofu with sticky rice, rice vinger and sugar. with seaweed flakes.
    MorRighAnu

Answer by MorRighAnu at 5:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It was probably egg...very thin omelette type egg.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you go into any asian grocer you can look for cans of fried tofu wraps. the recipe is actully on the back of them.
    MorRighAnu

Answer by MorRighAnu at 6:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Awesome! Thanks! Now I gotta find an asian grocer. I think there's one in the next town over! Yum I'm craving them right now!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2008