How do you walk away from vurbal abuse?

My boyfriend and I have been dateing since 7th grade. It's been 6 years. All of the sudden after I had our son he has vurbaly abused me. It's very hard to walk away because of how much Love I have for him. What do I do??

teen_momma2010

Asked by teen_momma2010 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him about counsiling. There is something wrong if he is now acting this way.

If you cannot fix this, don't walk, RUN!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Walk out of the room every time he talks to you that way....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• How so? Calling you names? The thing is, if that is what you want ( and you know deep down what the answer is) just do it. If he has only recently become verbally abusive, counseling may do the trick. He may have some pent up anger, and instead of talking it out, he just takes it out on you. That is sometimes easy to do when you have been together for so long. He may not even realize he is doing it. If its yelling calmly say to him "I am not yelling at you so please don't yell at me." Reassure him you love him. I know men feel neglected sometimes after a baby, especially when he has had you all to himself for so long. Get to the root of why he is being this way.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have talked to him about that. But he just wont go. His mother put up with his dad beating and cheating on her. But he has not cheated on me or hit me. But the acuseing and telling me that i'm this and that its hard to deal with. I don't want to leave him cuz he means everything to me but I don't know what to do. I try to walk away and he just follows me and when I really take off he finds me and then its really bad!!!
    teen_momma2010

Comment by teen_momma2010 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah. He was getting better and then he started smoking pot and it has been bad ever since then. We don't live together yet because i'm only 17. But so what..I work, go to school, and take care of his child whlie hes out having a great time. Today was a bad day. He came over and started telling me that i'm doing crake and cocaine and all of the drugs. He says that I want someone else and I'm a hoe. He is really tripping. I mean all I do is laugh because its funny..but also he says I don't want you to see your mom no more. He trys to control me from doing things. I'm so young and in a deep deep relationship. I love this boy ever since I meet him in 7th grade but I hurt and all I do is support him. I gave up my life to have this baby and also I gave up my life to spend with him. I think I need help to..because I stay around and let him do this to me...
    teen_momma2010

Comment by teen_momma2010 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Tell him if he wants to continue to call you his then he needs to treat you like you are valuable and that includes respecting you and talking to you in a way to show you that respect. Tell him to be a man now a coward that intentionally hurts females. (Ok maybe you shouldn't tell him that last part. I just threw that in bc I was angry he does this to you)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• In truth, abuse only gets worse with time. It starts with verbal abuse then separating you from friends and family. Then the controlling gets worse and the hitting begins. Please consider staying at home with mom and not moving in with him. It won't get better living with him where no one can check and make sure you are ok

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah your right. When I try to talk to him about why he acting like this. He just says sorry babe i'm tired. It's an everyday thing. I do tell him to grow up and be a man. Cuz showing the world how he treats me, he is no REAL MAN!!!
    teen_momma2010

Comment by teen_momma2010 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What are the chances you can go away to college once you graduate and start a new life somewhere else?
    Anonymous

• yeah thats what i'm scared of. Hes fliped crazy on me before and i'm scared next time it won't be good.!!
    teen_momma2010

Comment by teen_momma2010 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011