For those who do Avon

Do you enjoy it? Do you actually make money doing it? What are the upsides and downsides?

I was recently laid off and my husband is now working nights. I'd love to be able to stay home and bring in some money just to be able to put into savings.

IrishPennMom

Asked by IrishPennMom at 10:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I just got started back in December. If you have a ton of friends who have a ton of friends that is a great start. Its all about referrals to build clientel. I haven't been at it long. I just dont recommend getting the website for people to go on cause that money stays in the online account and you cannot gain access to it. I would rather do it the old fashioned way... Put it out there recommend suggest and sell
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I also tried to sell Avon but with all the other reps in my area it was very hard. I never made any money with it. I'm with Mia Bella's now and love it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You need to have great sales skill, know lots of people, and know people who know lots of people to do will with direct selling.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2011