My 7 month old daughter has been taking a nap for almost 8 hrs. ??????

She has had an ear infection for 4 days, and going strong. She has had the runs, and a fever. She is taking azithromycin, and alternating motrin and tylenol. She also is taking antipyrine and benzocaine eardrops. She slept all night last night from 8pm to 5am, she fell asleep again at 8am and just woke up at 3:45pm. She ate 4oz of applesauce,had 4oz of pedialyte, her medicine. And she fell asleep at 5:30pm, and is still sleeping, probably for the night. Why is she soo tired.?? When should I call the doctor about it?

1Angeland3Girls

Asked by 1Angeland3Girls at 10:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would certainly keep a close eye on her. Allow her fever to spike to see where it really is. It sounds like she is fighting a lot of things. IF she is still acting this way tomorrow I would DEFINATELY take her to the doc.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• She is sick and her body needs to sleep it off. Plus all the medicine she is taking is making her tired. If it continues more than 3 days, talk to your doctor. GL I hope she feels better soon.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son is 14 months and there are days when he just sleeps ,he also sleeps a lot when he's ill. I think its b'coz of her sickness
    A11

Answer by A11 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Think back to times when you've been really sick. I mean REALLY sick. What did you do? Spent a lot of time sleeping right? The body uses up a lot of energy fighting off the bad things. As long as she's hydrated I wouldn't worry too much. But, I WOULD pay attention to your Mommy Instincts and either take her to the ER/Doc or CALL if you are really concerned about how much she's sleeping.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011