My daughter has a lump on each side of her neck and she says it hurts. She also has been having headaches more often. What can it be?

mamamia1015

Asked by mamamia1015 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• the lumps on the sides of her neck are inflamed lymph nodes... take her to the doctor, that usually means there's some sort of infection.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It can be a reason to take her to the doctor instead of posting on a social website looking for a diagnosis.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Her Glands are Swollen- She is trying to fight off a Infection- She probably needs to be seen at the doctor-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• She needs to see a doctor, only he/she can tell you for sure
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Something she needs to see a doctor about !!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Take her to the doctor. Swollen lymph nodes usually mean an infection. Swollen lymph nodes can also be mono.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Swollen lymph nodes for sure. I get them when I get ear infections or just sick in general. When I was little it looked like I had to gold balls in my neck. She does need to see a doctor so she can antibiotics most likely.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my 15 year old son had a lump on his neck..Doc told me it was an infection...I would go to the doctor to make sure
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My 13 year had what your child had BAD!! My son said his throat hurt really bad, very hard to swallow, hard to eat and drink. I took him him to the doctor and she said he had swollen lymph nodes and to take 600 mg. of ibuprofen. She even swabbed him for strep throat, tests came back negative. He has Kaiser so they give you this info sheet of what he was seen for and what he has. he did'nt go to school for a couple of days.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The best thing you can do is take her to the dr. you can't go by what someone else thinks it might be. it is never a good idea to self medicate yourself or your children. let the dr. tell you whats wrong and what needs to be done. that is the safest way
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011