Thoughts while TTC...how to make them stop???

Ok...DH and I are "TTC"...I'm using quotes there because both of us don't want to SAY we are, because we're afraid it's going to lead to not being fun anymore and disappointment, and of course being told that the moment you stop trying, it will happen. However, this act of TTC but not TTC, makes me think about it even more, LOL! We both are at a point that we want it to happen, but the only thing "extra" we're doing to make it happen is I lay on my back with my knees to my chest afterwards to keep it in...

Anyway...how do I get these thoughts out of my head??? Every time I feel nauseous, every time I'm a little extra sleepy, every time I have a mood swing...or like right now I feel a little emotional and my lower back hurts and I haven't done anything today (day off work) to make it hurt...and I think "maybe I am!" I don't go rushing to take a test each time, because I don't think I am. I do test once a month before I start my Progesterone pill (prescribed because I wasn't ovulating), and I'm getting more and more disappointed each month that it comes up negative.

I've heard of women just KNOWING that they are, and part of me keeps thinking that I am, but then the time comes for me to test, and I'm not...but then, I've heard of women not getting a positive hpt WELL into their pregnancy...and my SIL went into labor not knowing she was pregnant (she never tested, because she had her "period" each month)...so, in a way, my hopes are still up, but then I get paranoid that I'm going to be like my SIL.

Now...to my question...while you were TTC, what did you do to get your mind off of it??? What happened each time you had a symptom??

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• hun im right there with you. same exact situation. I cant help you cuz thats all i think about too. I try to keep busy and focus on other things but it doesnt always help. We have been TTC for about 4 months. good luck!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You could say we've been about that long too...only recently we've admitted it out loud, LOL!

Good luck to you too!!!
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• :) Every time you try to NOT think of something, you will think of exactly that....allow yourself to dream....dream of the baby, dream about all you imagine it will be.....enjoy the lovemaking....wonder if this time you made a baby...if you feel a symptom, go ahead and smile, nothing wrong with that.....anything to lower stress is good, even dreaming of the baby you are trying to conceive...best wishes...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i agree with anna. look at baby clothes and other items. look at maternity clothes online. ( occasionally i look at the maternity clothes i have stashed away in the back of the closet ) whatever you want. i would rather see a woman too excited to have a baby than one that doesnt want one but keeps having them!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 12:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011