Fatigued

During my first and second trimesters I hardly had any nausea at all and I was still able to go through out my day just fine. Now that I am in my 3rd trimester I am just so exhausted all the time. I can't work anymore and I can barely get the housework done. While I am doing housework I have to clean for 5 minutes and take a 5 minute break. Same with cooking dinner. I can't even get my husband to help because he doesn't understand why I could be so tired now. I have no energy at all anymore what is the deal?? What can I do about it?

ekerazy78

Asked by ekerazy78 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Every body responds to pregnancy completely different and if it takes you 5 min. on then 5 off, do it! it isnt healthy for you to strain yourself or the baby to do things that make you exhausted. Get rest and lots of it while you can lady and tell your husband to knock it off. mine tried to say the same but i read the books to him about being tired over and over and over until he got the point. You're body is doing a lot and trying to make yourself do other things to is silly. take care of that baby and the cleaning will get done in due time.
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• your body is just telling you to rest. your about to have a baby and your body is trying to preprare you for teh rest you arent gonna have once that baby comes. trust me i have 4 kids. what you need to do is put your feet up and ask your husband for help....do what you can but dont push yourself cause when you push yourself you push that baby as well
    unsureforsure

Answer by unsureforsure at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Pregnancy does make you tired, but I'd have your hemoglobin levels checked. Half of all pregnant women have low hemoglobin, and tiredness is the biggest symptom! I thought it was just part of pregnancy, being as tired as I was, then they discovered that my iron was really low. I started a supplement and was more energetic than ever! It's a simple finger prick to do the test, I'd mention it to your doc!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I agree with Katie that you should have some testing done. I was anemic during that last trimester (only for a short time) but i was so tired all the time, I would nap all day. As soon as I upped my iron, I started to feel better.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008