Anyone out there ever hit a RockBottom Moment in life? I think I have & don't know what to do

My husband hurt his knee & foot & is on disability, In the State of NY temporary disabilty is $170.00 a week! I ran up my credit cards, have no savings, have 2 little babies 1 & 3 yr. old & just wondering do I qualify for any help? Food Stamps. I really don't want to go there but I feel so lost......Thank you for your advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the posters above! That's what the assistance is for. For families that just ran into some trouble. People like to make fun lf welfare, WIC, & foodstamps but those are people who either abused the system or have never been in a position of needing help. There's nothing wrong with you asking for help. A lot of people who never thought they would need to are having to make some very ha choices. A friend of mine works for Welfare here and has told me some very close to your own situations. She's also told me that there are people coming in who drive BMW's and Jaguars who need help. Most people would say well get rid of the car....You can't if that's how you get to work if you're lucky enough to have a job! Please listen to me.... Ask for help. You can give back when you're on your feet again!
    renoshorty56

Answer by renoshorty56 at 5:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• you need to apply for whatever services are availablein your state...don't feel bad you need help. From there I would say if he can'tnwork you may need to consider it orif its temporary just see what help you can get to get by.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You do what you need to do to make sure your family is okay.  Yes, you should qualify for foodstamps.  There are also programs out there that the foodstamp office will have information about that will help you pay your bills.  Hugs babe!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i know what your going through!!! we were already living paycheck to paycheck before hubby got laid off and we had pa mainly so ds would have insurance, we were almost off of foodstamps.. right now the only thing keeping us a flot is the fact that we have a bit of income tax money that we for some reason didnt spend. we are using it for rent and food. Your not alone in your situation. Check into food pantries, the united way, goodwill, salvation army, and your local health and human services office. it will take time and patinces to get on pa but they will help you a long as everything is perfect with the paperwork and eveyone is doing thier jobs.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011