Emergency custody

My son is in a bad situation, it isn't abusive but I want him ASAP! I don't have money for a lawyer but the longer he stays in this situation the worse it will get. Does anyone know what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• The court doesnt consider custody an emergency situation unless the child is in danger. Sorry it's going to be rough for the two of you. You cant just take his parental rights. It's tough.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My daughter is going thru long custody battle too. Unfortunatly there is very little help available for women in custody battles. We are on our 4th lawyer and 3rd custody trial. Our situation involved the father being arrested for domestiv violence against his then 2nd wife, 2 or 3 other arrests for violent offensesafter that and it still took over 6 months to get an emergency hearing and then the judge was releuctant to allow his prior behavior to be admitted into the case.
    I hope you have better luck than she has. Please keep me posted on what is going on
    darlinedemoss

Answer by darlinedemoss at 11:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011