SAHMs--what are your plans after all your children are in school??

Do you plan on going back to work? FT or PT? Will you continue to stay home??

natersmom76

Asked by natersmom76 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I plan to relax and enjoy my days. This fall #4 starts kindergarten and will be gone 2 1/2 days a week. I'll still have the baby at home (he'll be 1 by then). I can't wait until he's in school, too. Then I'll have the house to myself for at least 7 blissful hours. I plan to get all my housework done in the morning so I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want (go walking, knit, read, write, play video games). After 15 years of having kids to take care of during the day it will be nice. I have no intentions of going back in the work force (I haven't had a job since like March 2000 and my youngest won't start kindergarten until 2015 at the earliest).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• To make pottery full time...I can't wait! Okay, I can, I am enjoying every minute of being a SAHM!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I actually plan on homeschooling at least until they are in high school so I will always be a SAHM.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 11:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'll continue to stay home and have more time to volunteer at their school. I don't plan on going back to work. Okay, maybe part time when they're like in highschool, but only during school hours - I always want to be home when they get home from school. My mom stayed home always - she's now a SAHGM (stay at home grandma) and helps out with all 13 of her grandkids. She used to say that right when we got home from school we had an excitement about what had happened and would tell her so much more about our day than we would 2-3 hours later.

Answer by missanc at 8:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Work part time.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It all depends on so many different things that I can't say for sure what I'll do. By the time my littlest is in school my oldest will be in middle school and I won't ever let my kids me latch key kids. I was and I hated it. Plus, I'd have to be home to get my youngest off the bus too. There not a lot of companys that hire with limited hours.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I stay home....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My kids are all grown so I'm not in that stage right now, but I'll bump you instead. Sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I home school and drive my eldest over 200 miles a week for therapies and appointments, so I'm home for a while. Although, when my eldest was in school and started going full time I started sending out resumes, until I found out I was pregnant with my 3 year old! If I didn't home school, I would look for something part time so I could still be available to my boys.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I will go back to work but probably not my original career (project manager). If I can afford it I want to find something that is takes less time travel and energy so that I am not constantly exhausted. I am also a writer and hope to be able to make a career out of that.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011