Breastfeeding/ bottle feeding

I am planning on breast feeding my baby who is due in June. Today i decided i needed to pick up a few bottle , so i would be able to use a pump so others could feed the baby. I figured i didnt wanna spend to much on bottles since i prob. wont be using them to much. I saw at Wal-mart they had the Parents Choice package you get 5 bottles and a few liners. The package was only $12. But i didnt know what would be the best bottles to use since i'll also be breast feeding ( i dont want her to stop breast feeding and only take a bottle)
Thanks !

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use a glass bottle for my son, plastics are a big no no
    A11

Answer by A11 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• use which ever bottles come with the pump. I use a medela pump, or used to use, so I only used medela bottles.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Same here I use medela pump and bottles. The nipples have a wide base and slow flow so that there is less confusion.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you're ebf, then use something like breastflow. They mimic the breast and makes the transition easier. My baby likes them.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 12:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I really liked these: http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=1452
    my friend swore by these: http://www.handi-craft.com/bottles/standardwide-neck/
    and I have heard good things about these new ones: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3918813
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thanks so much for ya'lls help! i will look into all these!!!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i used the playtex drop-in bottles which i assume what you're talking about is just the generic of what i have... it's closest to the feeling/shape of the real thing
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Really, it comes down to what bottle your baby will take, if he'll take a bottle at all.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I use the tommee tippee bottles b/c of the super soft nipple. it feels just like a real one and made it easier for my son to go ack and forth between the bottle and nursing.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• 1. The best bottle is the one BABY likes. So buy the smallest possible pack of your bottle of choice.

2. Have it introduced when you are not present or it could well be rejected.

3. Let others do OTHER things besides feed, like bathe baby, diaper baby, clean or cook. REALLY. You will have to pump through that feeding, whenever it happens so they save you no time and gain you no sleep. And feeding ain't bonding; interactive stuff like bathing works better for that rather than the zoneout time of feeding.. Save the bottles for when you are NOT with baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011