I need cheap and easy dinner ideas to feed 4 adults and 1 child daily that are healthy and filling

I live with DH and 2 medics from his unit me and our dd. so daily im feeding 3 "starved" men me and dd and its getting expensive since i dont eat things like processed foods and boxed meals.

Amummum

Asked by Amummum at 11:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Crockpot it

Mexican Cheese Soap
    Loaded Baked Potato Soup
    London Broil/Beef Roast
    Chicken Breasts in a Cream of Chicken Soup and Rice Mixture
    Calico Beans over Rice

You can find tons more recipes on allrecipes.com and here on the CM crockpot group

Pinto Bean Tortillas (You can get a huge can of beans for like 2.00 - get a few of those, spend $3 on tortillas and a thing of cheese and sour cream) with maybe some mexican rice on the side

Ground Turkey is cheaper than ground beef - use it to make burgers/in casseroles/any recipes using ground beef

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thanks ill add the crockpot group. ur a life saver
    Amummum

Comment by Amummum (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you want crockpot ideas visit this blog. I love it. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/fun-stuff.html
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Chicken spagetti,mexican chicken.Make home made hamburger helper,chili,all keeps well in fridge and tastes great and very filling.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thanks guys
    Amummum

Comment by Amummum (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Dried beans and dried lentils are healthy ways to stretch your food dollars.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't have a crock pot but alot of time I will make bigger dishes and freeze half of it so I can just take it out and warm it up when wanted.

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• salmon is quick and very good for you. My kids love salmon.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thanks u guys by the way i made the taco soup it was a big hit!!
    Amummum

Comment by Amummum (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011