I have naver had a baby shower, but really want one.

I have two children of my own and am now pregnant with my third due in January. I want to have a baby shower I think it would be fun and I would really like someone besides me and my husband to show some interest in my new baby. My mother in law isn't interested and the one friend I do have is younger than I am and I doubt she will either. My mom is more worried about her own life and could care less about not hurting my feelings. I have hinted several times and even made a regirstry but nothing. any ideas?

chris3014

Asked by chris3014 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know that there's much you can do, as you can't hold one for yourself! If you only have one friend who could host it, who are you thinking would come, anyway?

That sounds harsh, it's not meant to...I guess I'm just trying to figure things out for you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I am sorry to say this but you don't have too many people involved in your life right now.
    Either it happens unexpectly or no baby shower...sorry I wish I could help.
    Look at it like this it is fun for the moment but after everything is said and done you will be stuck with all that stuff for the baby and the baby will probably grow out of it and you will have to give it away or donate so save yourself from a headache. Just enjoy your baby I believe things tend to work it self out.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It doesn't seem very hopeful, I feel terribly for you. You may need to give up on that idea. But meanwhile you may want to get involved in more activities so that you do have friends. Too late for a shower, but more people in your life might make you happier. I am thinking of play groups, or church groups, or programs at the Y. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you lived near me, I would let you have the one that I think my sisters are throwing me... I am not a party person.
    But I agree with the previous posters. If you only have one friend (which is more than I have!) do you have family that would come? That is all the came to my shower. If you go to church, most churches throw a shower for expecting moms.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• im sorry honey sounds like the place im in lol peopel that do care are far away and the ones that are close dont care ... im not having one either but ya know oh well .. ill be excited for you lol i love babies and i cant wait to have mine and i think its great that you are gonna be having your 3rd ... congrats
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008