My 2 year old

my son is having a lot of angry issues like hitting , taking stuff from his baby sister and throwing it, slamming doors. ect... I dont know what to do? when i get on to him ill tell him to go to time out and all he just says is " do it I dont care" I really need help I dont know why he is so angry. its really upsetting to know my 2 year old is this mad.. :( can anyone please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say its the terrible 2 stage hes going through lol...my daughter is the same way when dhe doesnt get what she wants at that moment in time she will throw a fit untill Daddy and i put her in place...we just threaten her with a Pow pow and shes good...at least for another hour or so LOL :)
    Classymuchacha

Answer by Classymuchacha at 11:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think going through these spats of anger issues at this age can be a normal thing. My daughter has shown bits of anger streaks before which has concerned me but shes shaken out of them then come back into them.

One thing you can try though is instead of time out put him to bed. Not just for a little while either I mean full on bedtime for the rest of the day or night. This is a punishment I have had to do with my daughter & she still gets if needed. I am telling you what she does not like having to go to bed at an early hour, the earliest I have ever had to do it is like 4pm. Usually this honestly does the trick.

Time out clearly is not working so you are going to have to think outside the box for punishments that will work. Another thing we did when my daughter was smaller was hold her hands & feet so she couldnt move them. We'd hold them until she fussed & told her she could have them if she was being good.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Try sitting and holding him and rocking him when he gets like that and see if that helps him calm down.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011