Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to go to get a marriage licenses

can you get a marriage liscenses at the justice of the peace

Answer Question

Asked by suhweetness at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

Level 16 (2,589 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I thought you had to go to town/city hall? Not sure if you can get one elsewhere though.

    Answer by Mel30248 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • The courthouse in the county you are getting married.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Any court house has forms you can fill out. Most courts have the info online depending on what county/city you're in. Come prepared with info on your next of kin and a form of identity, such as a driver's license or state-issued ID.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 12:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Usually it's the county courthouse but it could be different if you live in a big city. You can probably check online at your county website. We got married in a small town so we just went over to the courthouse and talked to the vital records clerk and he filled out the paperwork for us and we paid the $40 fee. Three days later we went back to pick up the license.

    Answer by justanotherjen at 12:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I think you go to city hall and they are good for up to a year before you have to get married. Some stated require a marriage counsel before you get a license


    Answer by kalynskorner at 12:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Court house i your town and bring cash as they do not take checks anymore.

    Answer by grismelda at 12:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • court house and bring cash with

    Answer by WildCat73 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
How long?