Are the deals really that good?

On black Friday?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 5:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• Sometimes they are. It depends what youre looking for. The best way to know if its worth your while is to google black friday ads and see what each store has. This year some stores already have specials running before black friday. One year I got a kareoke machine for my son that was normally $89 for $25. I got up early for that.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sometimes, but if you factor in your time you may end up losing and buying things by being caught up in the moment. I probably won't go this year unless there is a specific great item on sale. I waited in line at Kohll's forever last year and bought mainly impulse stuff.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Most places will only have a certain number of the "big ticket" items, but they will be featured in the ads... So if you want one of them you have to get up early.

On year my man and I camped out in front of Best Buy starting at 8 pm on Thanksgiving because the laptop he wanted was going to be $400 (originally $1,200) but the fine print on the ad said they would have limited amounts. We called our local store on the Wednesday before and they confirmed that they only had four in stock and wouldn't be doing rainchecks. We full on CAMPED out in front of the store with a portable DVD player, then once they opened, one of us grabbed the laptop, the other hopped in line, and we were out the door within half an hour.

Definately do your reasearch, and if you're willing to put in the time, you can get some great deals and have a fun time!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Hi, My husband has been in retail for the past 12 years. The deals are all the same. It does fo you any good to get up at 4 in the morning to go shopping unless you are going to be the very first to get a door prize or something. All the sales will still be the same the following week. Also, most prices drop the Wednesday before. Since no one is really shopping then, I think that would be the best time to go.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 11:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008