What's the typical amount on weight gained during pregnancy?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 5:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 25-35 is the average recommended amount, but it seems most women gain more! I gained 50, but I was told to go over the 35. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It really varies a lot from person to person. If you were underweight before getting prego, you are told to gain more, if you were overweight you are told to gain less. Really though, you should try not to gain excessive amounts of weight, it's not good for you and the baby. I was about average weight for my height and I gained 30lbs with both babies.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My doctor said I was only supposed to gain 25 to 30 lbs. But ive gained over 60 so far and I still have 5 weeks to go. But Ive talked to women that only gain like 12 lbs, so I guess it depends on the woman and her diet. But dont be to hard on yourself if your gaining more than you think you should, just remind yourself YOUR PREGNANT! and you will lose the weight.
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 5:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• lol you cant realyl go by the average lol i dont think anyone gooes that but its 25 to 35 lbs .. most gain more i did with my son so im scared this time around lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Average is 25-35lbs
    But...with my 1st i gained 30....with my second I gained 60....and with this one I have only gained 13 and I only have 5 wks left.
    Anonymous

• Smaller women should gain around 35, Larger women should gain no less than 15.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008