My baby had twelve fingers and twelve toes anyone know what genetic disorders can cause this

my baby was stillborn he had twelve finegets twelve toes all on the little finger and little toe side I am worried that this could be caused by a genetic disorder and am afraid to have more children. anyone know some things that cause pollydactyly

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most definately see a genetics counselor before trying ot conceive again. That will not only help to proove or disproove any genetic disorders, but will also allow you some peace of mind.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I simply can NOT imagine.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure, but researching yourself would be a good idea, whether by talking to your doctor or via the internet. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't know anything about you to be of help on medical info.
    I do want to say that I'm very sorry for your loss.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry, I don't have any medical information for you. I would definitely speak with a doctor about this if you're concerned for future pregnancies.
    My heart goes out to you for your loss :-(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thats something you would have to ask the doctor i think there are tests they can do on you to see what things you can pass on.......im not sure though...good luck and sorry for your loss....hugs

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• One of my children was born with webbed fingers...I was told that they don't know what causes it, that it tends to run in families, but not always....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ask the doc...but my baby cousin was born with a 6th toe, no one in our family has ever had that before...turns out she had floating bones in her foot, which are known to cause extra toes. The toe has been removed, the floating bones removed, and she is a-okay...nothing mentioned about it being genetic. it just happened
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Im pretty sure its hereditary.
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 12:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You may be able to speak to a genetic counselor through the hospital he was born at and they may be able to guide you. I am so sorry for your loss.
    KadenAlansMommy

Answer by KadenAlansMommy at 4:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011