If you're child is in school...

...how much will you spending on their teacher (Christmas gift)? We'll be giving her a gift card, but I was just curious what the standard ammount was. TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I doubt I will spend more than $5
    Anonymous

• We usually make the teacher something. I make chocolates for all the staff at the school and usually we try to keep the gifts simple. I also have my children make their teachers cards and write them a little something. I learned from one teacher that she would rather have children write her thank you notes or make her cards instead of parents spending money they may not have.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I get them candy mugs $1 at the dollar store + a card
    Anonymous

• I spent $5 dollar on a cute filled soap dispenser and bath and body. I might make a cookie mix jar and there you go.
    BoobooHealer

Answer by BoobooHealer at 6:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• about $5-10
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• 3-5 dollars
    clmr33

Answer by clmr33 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I am friends with my daughters Kindergarten teacher and she told me a few years later that gifts were her fave. I would get a bucket (cute on dollar tree) or basket and fill it with some school supplies (post its paper clips, pens, etc, also from the dollar tree) and then a candy bar and some room spray (kids can be STINKY especially after PE) It might end up running between $5 and $10. Just an idea.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Probably $10. Depends on how much extra we have. Last year I got my one dd's preschool teacher $10 and when my husband went to get the gift cards for the other teachers (3 of them) he put $20 on each. I was a little upset since we didn't have $60 to spend. The 3 kids this year have 4 teachers between them so they are each going to get $10 and an ornament from the kids. Last year we got wood ornaments from Michaels and used markers to color them. The kids loved it and so did the teachers.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I love the bucket filled with art supplies idea...we were going to a class gift too so that's a great idea. We had also planned on DS making something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I may be bad, but we've never gotten our son's teachers gifts. We don't have a lot of money and have other family to buy for that is more important. Plus he is now in 7th grade and has 6 different teachers.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008