Red patch rash on babys face

My 13 month old son hs this little patch on his cheek underneath his eye that is kind of poofy and red with little bumps. I have noticed a few bumps a few times but didn't think anuthing of it. Do you know what this could be?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it is not too close to the eye, I'd use an anti-fungal creme (athlete's foot it's sometimes called). However, if it's scaly and dry feeling, it could be dry skin (excema)(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• look up fifths disease, my daughter had it
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Could be 5th disease, but with this there's usually a rash on the trunk area or under arms. If your baby has a rash elsewhere besides his cheek this may be the case. Just a note, fifth disease does not itch, burn or make a child irratible.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He has diaper rash but its not just on his butt its all the way up to his genitals
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would take him to the dr. just to make sure. There's really nothing they can do for you except give you peace of mind if it is fifth disease. It usually runs itts course in 5 to 7 days. They seem perfectly normal, no temp etc. But I'd have him checked out for medical records.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Okay thanks (:
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My daughter rash was just on her face for a few days, and then it would disappear, and if the sun was shining in her face, the rash would come back, worse, the rash spread to her body several days after her rash first appeared. Her doc said it was roseola. It got worse so I ended up taking her to the hospital, where 4 different docs said it was 5ths disease, and that the rash can come and go, with possible fever, which I just associated with teething. Just depends on the child.
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 1:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well the rash is not noticabale as of this morning when he woke up. We were at his grandmothers when it appeared lastnight and it was hot there. So could it be jist that he was getting too hot or somethin?
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011