Ihave been thinking about being a surrogate, any thoughts? Anyone have experience?

1Angeland3Girls

Asked by 1Angeland3Girls at 12:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• i don't personally have experience, but I understand that it requires rigorous screening both psychologically as well as physically, and an understanding that you are carrying someone else's child, and they now have a "right" to tell you what to do, to some extent. It's a decision that not only involves you, but your whole family. For instance, if your spouse smokes, and the parents don't want their baby exposed, they could theoretically insist that your spouse quit (of course, they may not select you on that criteria, too).

I once watched a documentary about a surrogate pregnancy, and I recall the conflicts the surrogate had with the parents, as the parents did not want her to engage in any activities that jeapardized the pregnancy, including flying. Also, how will you feel about giving up the baby, possibly to a couple you don't approve of? You later learn something about them that makes you question their ability?
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Never done it, have said it would be nice to be pregnant and not have another kid ;) but I I don't know if I could give a child that spent all that time so close to my heart.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 1:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was a surrogate and gave birth to the couples triplets June 2010. It was an amazing experience to bond with this family and grow their babies for them. I now have a whole extended family :) the babies are happy, healthy and well taken care of. If you would like more information, feel free to ask :)
    AllThingsSurro

Answer by AllThingsSurro at 8:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011