Anyone ever get your child a pet for a present?

My dd wants a kitten or fish. LOL we already have a fish (single male beta) & I am leaning toward a cat tho I have to talk everyone into it and see if we can swing it.

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pets

• I got my daughter a 2 yr old dog from the pound. She takes care of him, and its soooo much better than having a puppy. He listens, knows commands, great with kids,and is easy to walk. Overall good decision
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 12:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Bad idea.
    We got a family dog, but only because we all wanted her. Never as a gift.
    I'd say if you're going to get something like a cat, you'd be far better off not only getting the cat "just because" but also I'd advise it be "the family cat"
    But you do what works for yours.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• When our boys were ages 6 & 2, we bought them a puppy. The best decision ever.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If she really wants a cat she will still want a cat down the road and will continue to beg for one, trust me. Cats are no big deal to take care of, after awhile they become like fixtures of the home, blended in with the surroundings. I would get her the cat. Be glad she doesn't want a dog. They ARE a pain to take care of.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• NO.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Friends and family know better then to get my kids a pet for a gift. They are more intelligent then that.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011