how much is fair for this car?

I wanna sell my 1998 Ford Explorer XLT. It has 160,000 miles on it. It is in awesome condition, except for the back door, the latch broke, so we had to rig it to be opened from the inside.It had 4wheel drive, but we took the part off so we'd get better gas mileage, we still have the part that can be put back on. It has a sun roof, privacy glass,running boards, and roof rack. The only mechanical problem is the A/C isnt working. Its not the compressor, my g-pa put freon in it, and ever since it hasnt worked, so im guessing its a wire he disconnected. It does have rear a/c as well.It has keyless entry, new tires, and its white with beige interior. My hubby worked at a mechanic shop for a year, so we replaced alot, this car runs smooth, and will probably last well over 200,000 miles. What would you pay for this car?I want to put a fair price on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Check Kelly Blue Book website (I think is's KBB. com). There's a calculator thingy in there to price a used car.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did that already, it said $2300-without A/C and in fair condition, I just want the opinion of a consumer(?) I guess.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What would you pay for this car?

Are you serious.We can't see the car, how can we tell you that?
    Goto Kelly Blue Book at www.kbb.com. and come up with what YOU think is a fair asking price and go from there.
    But asking a bunch of people who have never seen it, is rather silly.
    Anonymous

• Oh, sorry. Is it a V6 or V8? That will matter in what people are willing to pay. We may not have seen the last of $4.00 per gallon. Are the tires new, slightly used - this would effect gas mileage too.

You could put it up for $3,500 and accept any reasonalbe offer. Are you desperate for the money or do you just want to get it out of the driveway?
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It might also depend on where you live. I think if you live close to the Mexico border it's worth more because Mexico has some sort of tax to bring newer cars into their country. You can fetch a higher resale closer to Mexico.
    Anonymous

• Here is pics of it.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ginnay_n_LuLu/cthouse040.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ginnay_n_LuLu/cthouse038.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ginnay_n_LuLu/cthouse036.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ginnay_n_LuLu/cthouse034.jpg
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Answered at 5:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 by: Anonymous Are you serious.We can't see the car, how can we tell you that? Goto Kelly Blue Book at www.kbb.com. and come up with what YOU think is a fair asking price and go from there. But asking a bunch of people who have never seen it, is rather silly.

Ya don't have to be so friggin mean. 

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I live in South Mississippi, and the tires are slightly used. And its a v6.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• 2600 the market is tough right now people are selling cars and trucks cheaper just to make ends meet I think

Anonymous

• go to vehix.com, they take into account where in the country you are.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008