What do you do with the extra room in your house?

I'm thinking of making it into an exercise/office room. Throw an eliptical in there, put my SO's personal training gear in there and the extra desk...then voila. not sure though

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't have any extra room although I wish I did. If I did it would either be for my arts and crafts or a play room for my children.
    mimioester

Answer by mimioester at 5:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• extra room? you mean people still have those..We don't have one, we are actually putting an addition on the house to make the kitchen larger and to add another bedroom so we have more room. THere are 5 of us in a 3 bedroom ranch and lately I feel like we are walking on top of each other.

Enjoy your extra room!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's a sewing/quilting/crafts guestroom.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Extra room? There's my sewing studio/place for everyone to throw the crap they don't know do with. And the Guest room/monopoly room.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I wish I had an extra room!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• depends on what u need. right now an extra rm would be a Play rm for my kids and babysitting kids. my mom would prefer a sewing room, good luck in what u decide to do.
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 12:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was going to say the same things as mommytoJames I wish I had an extra room. Right now we would have to have 5 bedrooms to make that possible. In a little bit it would be six bedrooms to have an extra room.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We have 5 bedrooms in this house and only really use 2 of them. We have one guest bedroom downstairs and then upstairs, we just closed up the vents and keep the doors closed.
    In April, though, my daughter, son in law and granddaughter will be moving in and taking over the entire upstairs, which consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a pretty big loft, so it will be like their own little apartment. Perfect setup!!!
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 5:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We turned it into a home theater room.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• COMPUTER ROOM

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011