For those interested in the brazilian blow out.. have you seen this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_fea_fashion_brazilian_blowout

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• No way would I touch anything with formaldehyde. That stuff STINKS. Think biology class ladies! Remember how those frogs smelled? That's what the smell was. Aside from the smell, it does cause cancer. That's why its been removed from jut about everything in the U.S. or seriously reduced. I imagine anyone who would knowingly put this on their hair just to save time cares nothing about their health whatsoever.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• OMG!!! I have an uncle that owns a fabulous salon. He asked me to be a hair model for this new brazilian blow out treatment....All I can say is that I wish I had never accepted. My hair since has looked fried, smelled fried and continues to break..do NOT do this even with a professional...
    cristypat

Answer by cristypat at 9:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• its also in a lot of nail hardeners...
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• as a stylist I won't do it to a client. It's a health risk I'm not willing to take. Besides which, I don't want to come home to my girls spelling of that stuff and have it be harmful to them. I'm breastfeeding, so I'd be too fearful of the effects it would have from me just breathing it in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011