stretch marks

what else can you use thats good for stretch marks besides coco butter

Ablessedmom01

Asked by Ablessedmom01 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Shea butter.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• oh .. lol i was wondering the same thing then i found something it is amazing you can get it at target and walmart for about 12 dollars its burts bees mama bee belly butter it is amazing feels great and smellss awesome lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I used Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter and i still got stretch marks. I heard what works the best, im going to is this time, is to get those Vitamin C pill, you know there like the yellow ones taht can pop, anyways crack them open then just spread it where it needs to. thats what im going to do..
    ParkerMommy

Answer by ParkerMommy at 5:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You can have good genetics and not get pregnant or gain too much weight ;)
    Sorry but nothing has been proven to prevent stretch marks. People always say oh I used blah blah blah and I didn't get any stretch marks, but they probably weren't gonna get stretch marks anyway. Sorry to be so negative, but it's the truth.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• im never said it was gonna stop strech marks it helps keep the elastity (SP?) in your skin to help minimize them .. not stop them ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Vitman E oil- just smooth it over your skin
    Anonymous

• I just saw this thing called Elastin3 it says it works go to this website www.advancedskincareguide.com/product_info/Elastin3.html
    Anonymous

• It can be a genetic thing for sure, but keeping yourself hydrated and your skin well moisturized, as well as gaining your weight at a moderate pace can help limit your outbreak. I gained a pound each week I was pregnant, and didn't get any stretch marks until I was in labor and swelled up like a balloon from the drugs and fluids!

Nothing really makes them go away, though...they just fade.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Keep your skin moisturized. Don't scratch your belly. Don't gain too much weight. Take your prenatal. Avoid overly hot showers. Drink plenty of fluids.
    I like burt's bees belly butter and the mama bee oil so much I still used both in between pregnancies
    In other words, take care of yourself and your skin. I have two children and two tiny one inch stretch marks just above my hips, you really can't even see.
    Your skin needs moisture and nutrition to help keep the layers strong and intact. Take GREAT care of yourself and continue to do so after your little angel joins the world!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• you just want to shoot for keeping your skin really hydrated esp with a winter pregnancy. Ill tell ya something funny. In high school I was on some meds that made me gain adn lose weight at a vicious speed.I got TONS of stretch marks. Then When I was pregnant I always forgot to put lotion on my belly but I took lots and lots of baths with oils and moisturizing bubble baths etc and I didn't get a single new stretch mark. So personally I wouldn't bother spending bick nucks on a miracle product. Your doctor will tell yuo the same thing. Nothing is PROVEN to STOP stretch marks but if you keep that skin stretchy you should be alright
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008