How to go about?

My daughter is one years old and since she was born i would lay with her till she fell asleep and then lay her in her crib but after a while i had to lay with her still till she has fallen asleep then we moved her crib mattress too the outside of our bed because she like had issues with sleeping in an inclosed place but i think that fear has went away. So my question is, is would it be cruel to all the sudden switch up on her and lay her in her crib and try to let her fall asleep on her own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's not cruel. you should do that. if not, prepare to deal with sleeping with your child for a long time. it's a really bad habit and it's hard to break.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We had that problem as well, But we were told our child will fuss about it for a week at most. they will get used to it. That will be it. You are in charge not her. She will realize after you leave her in her crib to cry to sleep it will come natural after a few days.. trust me it was hard for me but i didn't i wanted my time with my hubby back :)
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 11:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No. It will be tough for her, as most adjustments are for toddlers, but she'll get over it quickly.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011