Do you want to Homeschool do Public School, or Private School. (why?)

I really want to home school my LO when he is school age.  Or do the home school/Charter school option.

Why? Because I remember being so ahead when I was in school and I was always super bored because I had nothing to do.  I say challenge a child who is advanced.  Don't waste their time.  Home school is the best way I can think of preventing holding my son back from his potential.

Also I work at an after school program and some of the kids are ahead, some at grade level, some below.  It seems as if the kids who get it push forward and the kids who don't simply get left behind

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would go with private schooling. one reason would be cause in a sense you are paying for him to be there. There will not be as many kids there.. Also will not be many whjo would look at your child like they are a "freak" cause he has the gift of having a higher IQ then everyone else. Being a smaller school also would be more time for teachers to work him one on one if need to be and challenge him.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Homeschooling has crossed my mind & still is an option for us. It depends on where we live honestly & how the school handles kids who are advanced. My daughter learns more then most K kids do or I think she does. I really dont know though public school scares me for many reasons & I am so relunctant to let her go. We are hoping for a transfer back home in SO's company soon here like any day here maybe so if we go back home she will go to school there. The teacher there is great, my sisters have kids who have had her & say she really reconizes childrens different levels & caters to them. Where we live now though that shcool is junk & I will never let my daughter set foot in it period.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am sending my children to public school, I can't afford private school and I work full time and could not home school. (I don't think I have the patience for it either)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I home school due my ds's therapy schedule. Plus, I love working with him, it's like seeing everything for the first time in his eyes.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011