1 week after my c-section...

And I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to start getting my body back in shape. I'm in a hurry to do it..... Is there anything I can start? Or should I wait til I heal before I try anything?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Just worry about nutrition right now. I know you were nursing so that will help you lose the weight. Just make sure you're getting enough GOOD food into your body and avoiding junk for now. I would definitely wait on exercise until you're healed.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• walking is about it right now. your supposed to wait 6 weeks at least.
    Anonymous

• You better wait until you are healed before trying anything. I had a c-section with #1 and I hurt my self lifting the care seat at 3weeks post-op. You could hurt yourself on the inside of your incision and have to have more surgery!! Be CAREFUL!!
    Anonymous

• I think it would probably be best to let everything heal up, as annoying as the waiting game might be. How are you doing, by the way? And how was the first week with Anderz? =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• you wana wait. you could tear your stiches from the inside over dueing it. just stick to caring for baby right now. your body will go back just be patient.
    congrats on the new baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008