Christmas?

Do you think Jesus was born dec 25? If not when do you think he was born? Thanks for your answers God bless

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe that's when he was born but Dec 25th is a celebration of his birth none-the-less.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Biblical scholars say he was most likely born some time in September according to the clues in the bible.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't think he was born on Decemder 25th. That is just the day we celebrate.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did growing up...but now that I'm an adult, no I don't think he was. I agree with what most scholars say about him being born in early fall. We celebrate in December because that's when the winter solstice happens.

Celebrating his birthday in December isn't really any different than celebrating your kid's birthday on another day because of scheduling conflicts, or something like that.

It's not that big of a deal to me, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No. December 25th was chosen by the pope way back then in an effort to convert the pagans over to christianity. It is based around the pagan tradition of Yule celebrating the coming of the sun god. Most astrologists place the birth closer to late August.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yeah I thought I heard August too. Its all good. I don't care if youe celabrate it in May as long as we know the reason FOR the celebration! Uless you are another religion and just celebrate it for fun.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i have heard it was spring time b/c thats when the romans had tax time. but i know for sure it wasn't Dec 25. like someone said above, that day was picked by the church to get pagans to come celebrate & hopefully convert.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No he wasnt and there is no proof that he was..There is however proof that he was NOT born on that day.
    Anonymous

• No, he was born sometime in the autumn according to scholars.
    Anonymous

• I guess I never worried about when. To me it never mattered when but just that He was born and then died for me. I have heard the Fall story but I don't know as I never studied it.
    Gramy6

Answer by Gramy6 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008