Could Bill Clinton be a Conflict of Interest for Hillary becoming Sec. of State?

President Clinton's international and financial dealings with his foundation and presidential library have been a sticking point with an Obama camp worried that Sen. Clinton's position in the cabinet could create a potential conflict of interest as the country's top diplomat.

FOR EXAMPLE: Last spring, before the Olympics, Sen. Clinton was speaking out against China's crackdown on Tibetan protesters

AT THE SAME TIME

that her husband's foundation was taking money from a firm accused of collaborating in that censorship, the Los Angeles Times reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/19/clinton.foundation/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it is a conflict of intereset! They both get paid by those places....... It is a large conflict of interest....
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Do I think it's a conflict of interest? I think it is, but it depends on who you ask. Some people won't see a problems with it. However, it will provide the media some mileage for the next few years.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I dont really care if it is or not. Obama is already showing he isnt for change since hes using all old clinton staffers and the clintons in his cabinet. I hope it is a conflict and they give her the job.
    Anonymous

• How can this be a conflict of interest??? If Obama is aware of it and doesn't approve then why even bother naming her as in the running for a position???? And, why not have her???? He already appointed most of Clinton's people anyway. What's one more????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Umm, yup. I do think it is a conflict of interest. MR777, you are he does get paid to travel to places like the middle east. For example: "Other reports have cited donations from officials in Saudi Arabia, Morocco, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait -- each one a contact for Bill Clinton and a potential conflict for the Obama White House"..."Clinton spoke on Sunday on his assessment of Obama's domestic and foreign policies at a National Bank of Kuwait symposium. Some published reports put Clinton's fee at $500,000".

But nothing you can do about it. Just question the CHANGE..  errrr lack thereof. And if the decision works in Hillary's favor, it will give SNL, Leno, and O'Brien the comedy "bits" they need to keep their careers going. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• So maybe by selecting Hillary, he is "BAILING OUT" NBC late night from tanking...
    :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Only if they check my porn collection....
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Fiveofakind2: Only if they check my porn collection

If Clinton is in your porn collection, I am very scared for you.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I love how the same people bitching about this have no problem with and have totally dismissed cheney conflict of interests, abuse of power and GRAND JURY indictment.
    Anonymous

• ANON: I love how the same people bitching about this have no problem with and have totally dismissed cheney conflict of interests, abuse of power and GRAND JURY indictment

Actually, no one has posted a question of it to my knowledge. But it is a Free Country, go for it! :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008