Does anyone know how homeowner's can take advantage of the bailout package?

Anyone have any idea on where to start looking for this? I tried google but just get alot of nonsense so I am probably wording it wrong. I want to see if I can take advantage of any help I can get; we are not in foreclosure nor near it but I want to find out if homeowners in general can take advantage of this.

Jerseymom1228

Asked by Jerseymom1228 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Try doing a mortgage mitigation just don't get sucked into one of the legal companies that want to charge you, work directly with your lender that is what I am trying to do.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There is nothing for consumers (yet, if ever) in regards to the bail out. They po pood the ideal of buying up bad credit for now(student loans, car loans, credit, etc), but may look at that later.
    Anonymous

• yeah...they gotit through with lots of BIG promises and careful negotiations. Now they are doing whatever they want with it. That's why they shouldn't bail out the Auto people. They will do the same thinf....screw it up!
    Anonymous

• Oh that would be nice...what about an electric bill bail out...our elect. is out of control..
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 6:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i had surgury and cant work for 6 weeks so all my husbands salary goes to morgage and dr bills but we cant get any help because he works 60 hrs a week. so were having ramen fo dinner again. too bad hes not lazy or we could get free government money too.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 7:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008