How to put foundation

I am a first time make-up wear and would like to know how to apply the foundation. It is a mineral foundation and I am trying to learn can someone give me some pointers

thank You,
goodmom35

goodmom35

Asked by goodmom35 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Depends whether it is loose or pressed. If it is a loose foundation, I prefer a brush (a thick, soft brush). Just tap the brush on the little holes to get some powder on it and make sure to tap the excess off. Start with the nose, cheeks, forehead, chin and make sure you use very gentle strokes - use circles as you cover your skin. It is a little tricky at the beginning but you'll get use to the quantity of powder that you have to get in the brush.

Also, make sure that your moisturizer is dry before you apply the foundation.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 10:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• For a mineral foundation, I would use either a kabuki brush or a flat top buffer brush to apply it. (I personally use the buffer brush and most of my clients prefer it as well). Put a little of the foundation in the lid and swirl your brush in the lid. Tap the side of the brush on the lid to remove the excess and then tap the bottom of the brush on a flat surface. I recommend starting at your forehead and going in circular motions down your cheeks and across your nose. Keep applying in circular motions until your done. Start with just a little bit, you can always do a second application if you feel you need more coverage. You can go to my informational website at www.mereminerals.org and click on application tips. It will give you several tips for applying mineral makeup. Have fun with it.
    soyfulliving

Answer by soyfulliving at 3:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008