What meals you make from "soon to expire" produce?

Sometimes I buy soon to expire produce. It helps me save on my vegetable & fruits. Some things I have in mind for them is soups, banana bread, jams and smoothies. Is there any else you make with "soon to expire produce"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Pies and cakes. You can always freeze it too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Our stores sell soon to expire fruit but dont tell ya!
    Do a stir fry with the veggies always yummy! Soup is a good idea, I freeze my chick & rice soup (celery does not freeze well). I think you pretty much have your bases covered & with what the PP has said sounds like all the options to me!
    Muffins!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Chili
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 1:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Casseroles to get rid of the last bit of milk, cheese and veggies. Smoothies for fruit. French toast for bread.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 1:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I won't buy marked-down produce except bananas if I really need to bake something - so I only buy them maybe once a year, or less. It's not worth it IMO to buy anything else marked down.
    Anonymous

• For fruits you can put them in a large glass container with a lid and add sugar to them and wait for a few weeks and guess what?Alcohol!!Yep they ferment and alot of ladies back in the day had some of this around all the time .gets a little syrupy but mmmmm keeps a cook happy with a very small glass a day!Remember very small its potent stuff.Remember to stir it daily.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011