I was just told iam crazy so iam curious

my kids do not have their own tv (they are 9 and 14) they watch taped stuff on the weekend or whatever is on for them on weekends or when there is no school...does everyone elses kid have a tv?

mollysmom212

Asked by mollysmom212 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Technology

• Your crazy for that? I think your SMART for that. Kids DO NOT NEED A TV IN THEIR ROOMS! Seriously....life is wasted when you sit in front of the TV.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think to each their own.  You aren't crazy for them not having televisions.  I thought about putting one in all of my kids rooms.  I had decided to get them televisions with dvd players already in them but they wouldn't have cable.  Then I thought, what the hell, that's all they'll do anymore is sit in their rooms and watch television.  I could foresee the problems it would cause.  The sneaking and turning it on, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Mine dosent have a tv in her room or anything. We have one in our room & honestly she spends most of her time in our room at the age of three but that will pass. I dont ever see allowing a tv in her room though. I kind of think two tv's in the entire house is perfectly fine. We do have a portable dvd player & two laptops so there are plenty of outlets for everyone to watch what they please on something though. I dont think your crazy one bit, some parents forget to have their kids I dont know play or hang out instead set them in front of the tv & call it good, nothing good can come from that.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thank you ladies!
    mollysmom212

Comment by mollysmom212 (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Im surprised someone called you crazy for that you are not. But my 3 year old has a tv in her room.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 1:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Mine has one but while she has a movie on she will be playing with her toys at the same time
    libas.mommy

Answer by libas.mommy at 1:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My children do not have TVs in their rooms , we have just one in the house . We do not watch much TV anyway and when we do it is mostly news (CNN, BBC). documentaries and Drama on PBS and movies on TCM..

You are not crazy you are sensible . Most commercial channels are just rubbish .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nope not crazy. I don't plan to put a TV in my kids room and the only stuff she watches is on netflix instaplay or on DVD. I like it better that way we don't have to monitor the commercials.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My boys have a tv in their room, my oldest has had it since he was 18months, he is now 4yrs old, I regret putting a tv in their room.So no you are not crazy, if anything i think im the crazy one for letting them have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I dont even have a tv in my room. So no my child sure as heck wont have one in his room.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 3:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011