How can i concieve a girl, inexpensively?

i have two lil boys and a 12 yr old girl, me and my hubby would like to have another girl. i want it so bad i can taste it, lol.

Sweetandsasymom

Asked by Sweetandsasymom at 2:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Make sure you have sex a couple days before you ovulate since the X sperm is slower than the Y sperm or so I have heard.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well you have a 50/50 chance lol. Te female sperms are slower than the males and supposedly if you have sex a few days before ovulating or RIGHT at ovulation, you have a better chance at geting a girl. I read this in What To Expect When You're Trying to Conceive. I did it and it worked. I had a boy the first time and I have no idea when I ovulated with him.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The 2nd timeI hd a girl and we had sex RIGHT AT ovulation.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thank you,i will defintely take your gals advice, wish me luck, lok
    Sweetandsasymom

Comment by Sweetandsasymom (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• haha hubby and i are also TTC a girl! and we followed dr shettles method and had sex 2-3 days before ovulation...so we will see how this workss!!! good luck! sending pink baby dust to you!
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 2:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Learn to chart. See how many fertile mucus days you have each month. Once you know your cycle well enough then time intercourse 2 days before ovulation.

You can also do things to make your body more acidic versus alkaline because female sperm are stronger and acidic PH kills off male sperm faster.

This is based on the Shuttle's Method which has been found to be more than 80% effective.

I've used it twice. Once for a girl and once for a boy. Worked both times.

***There is SOME evidence that the EGG actually decides which TYPE of sperm it will allow to fertilize the egg in which case the Shuttle's Method would not work but it's worked for me and LOTS of other couples at an 80% + sucess rate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I heard lemons work.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Make love with your husband until you get pregnant, and you have a 50 % chance of it being a girl.... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Shettles suggests that if you are trying to conceive a girl, shallow penetration from your partner, preferably with the missionary position, will deposit the sperm closer to the entrance to the vagina. This area is more acidic than closer to the cervix and acidity will work against the weaker “boy” sperm leaving more “girl” sperm available to fertilize your egg.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2011