for anyone that have used the depo shot how long did it take you to get your periods back after stopping it has been 6 months and still nothing

amber242925

Asked by amber242925 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• well i used it and i had bled alot on it but then when i was off it i had no period for ever i swera i think it took about 4 5 months for a normal period
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• thats why i stopped using it i would bleed for 3 weeks and stopp for 1 so i was kinda backwards but like i said 6 months after stopping i have still not had a period
    amber242925

Answer by amber242925 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• lol thats the reason i stopped my sister is on it now i warned her lol she hates it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• but now im thinking i might be prego again and i have taken like 6 tests and have gotten nothing no positive or negative so im kinda confused
    amber242925

Answer by amber242925 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i was on the depo for a year with no bleeding no nothing for that year i went off it and it took about 8 to 9 months to get my period back and then i was pregnant with in 14 months of being off it. it all depends on your body i know women who came off it and got pregnant imediatly and then those who didnt get there period for a year and still couldnt get pregnant for another year after that.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had a depo at the hospital after I had my baby. I stopped bleeding for only 2 weeks, and it's been expired for a month now.......I'm still bleeding. I will never use it anymore
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My family (5 girls) all had bad effects with it, two of my sisters including me ended up getting cysts, another didnt have a period for 3 yrs and only had 1 shot. She ended up going in and getting Jump started with a bunch of hormones. Oh her hubby wanted to leave her soooo bad. She was like the moodist prego women you have ever seen.
    Me and my other sisters didnt get regulated until we used other forms of bc like the pill, me was the patch
    Anonymous

• see my doc wont start me on another form of b/c until i start my next period not that it matters i dont want b/c right now anyways
    amber242925

Answer by amber242925 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I only had the depo shot once.. .and will never do it again. I was one of the few who was actually on my period the ENTIRE 3 months. Solid. No spotting, no stopping.... it was a 3 month long period. Regular to super absorbancy tampons the ENTIRE time.
    Anonymous

• It took about a year and a half for me to get cycles back after I stopped the depo shot and I was only only the shot for 6 months months (two injections). Once I did get cycles back my cycles were very very short and it was just spotting. IT varies from woman to woman. Just be patient.
    kristie0319

Answer by kristie0319 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2008