If you have a newborn, does dh/so share the responsibility of getting up in the middle of the night?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The responsibility is his. Now does he meet and fulfill the responsibility is a different question. Mine made a ral effort to meet the responsibility.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• it would be nice. but i like to hog all the attention. i don't mind getting up for my baby.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• we shared it. my husband would get up and change diapers then hand me our son to breast feed, when i could no longer breast feed we shared bottle duty too. God bless the man.
    m3rryweather

Answer by m3rryweather at 5:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I breastfed so i had to get up. But he did help with alot of the other things.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• with my son.. no but I kinda hoged him lol... this time with my daughter YES and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!! he was awsome at helping... he would sleep in the coutch and if he herd her cry he would get her bottle ready and come and get her change her and feed her... it was so nice
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• that ofcourse was while he was off for 2 weeks for her birth.. when he went back to work I did everything durring the week.. When the weekend came he would take over and do everything durring the night! I love that man he is awsome! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• nope. he sleeps right through her cries. plus he has to get up and go to work, i dont expect him to get up
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He did when the week he was home with me and on weekends, but I didn't expect him to get up when he was going to work and I was staying home. I actually rushed in to their room to pick them up and nurse them before he heard them.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my ex didnt get up at all after i had our son which i was highly upset about. Granted i was breastfeeding and there wasn't much he could help with but all i wanted was a little company to keep me sane. so HELL YES they should get up! they're parents too!!!
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My dh got up with me EVERY time!!! He would change our ds after I was done nursing so I could pump and try and build up a supply since I was having issues. I dont know what I would have done with out him!! :) He even gets up with him now when my ds wants that midnight pacifier! LOL
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011