What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

If success was a guarantee, what would you be doing? What kind of job would you have, how would your life be different or the same?

SigridSK

Asked by SigridSK at 3:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd be a therapist.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• What kind of a therapist?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• For children. I have always wanted to work with children. I would love to help them get a better feel for life.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nothing because everything I do runs the risk of failure or why get up and gear up to do it?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• World peace. That would solve a ton.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Ah yes! The ugly monster failure..I hate that too! But what if you looked at "failing" as learning instead? Learning what you are good at, what you want to do, what turns you on, what you are passionate about...all that stuff.

I think our society puts such an emphasis on perfectionism, that like you pinkdragon36, many (especially) women sit in paralysis almost, afraid to do anything if it isn't going to be a perfect result.

My brother in law came from a family where there were taught that if you are going to do something, you better be perfect at it or don't even bother...How messed up is that? Where is the beauty of trail and error? Had made him unable to even dream....stuck in a job he hates, because he doesn't even dare dream...UGH!
    SigridSK

Comment by SigridSK (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am not sure what I would do, but I know with out a doubt what my son would do. He'd be a superhero who could fly and save animals, and he'd have a rocket jetpack like Diego.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 5:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would write books that always end up on the NY Times Bestseller list....easy peasy!
    SigridSK

Comment by SigridSK (original poster) at 5:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Norhing to do with a job, but finishing my education and going further.
    m3rryweather

Answer by m3rryweather at 7:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• nursexray technician

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011