Cat issue adult content

Ok so my cat is a 1.5 years old. She's indoors. She has medium length hair, very pretty. Anyways, she vomits at least 3 times a week,sometimes everyday! IDK what to do. From everyone I have talked to, its pretty common in indoor cats. Someone suggested to me to rub Vaseline on her paws to get her to lick it off, that it would move hair through her digestive system quicker and then she wouldn't vomit. I tried this and it was working for awhile but now it seems to not be anymore. What else can I do? She eats and drinks water normally, isn't overweight not one bit. She's active and very healthy. Her coat is very fluffy and soft.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pets

• you should go to answers.yahoo.com to get better answers
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Are they fur balls? My moms long haired cat used to throw up a lot because when she cleaned herself, she got too much of her fur in her mouth. You should brush her twice a day and try to get all those loose hairs free before she eats it. I believe there are also medicines you can give her to stop the vomiting, try petsmart or petco. If all else fails, bring her to her vet.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 5:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have 3 cats, 2 short hair and 1 long. We use hill's science diet hairball control light for their food. this has done wonders for cutting down the hairballs. in the spring when hairballs increase, we use the hairball cat gel stuff on their paw to lick off and that lubricates their tummies and helps .

m3rryweather

Answer by m3rryweather at 5:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• There's no hair in the vomit. So IDK. I'm at a loss.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 5:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It is not unusual for cats to vomit. It could be hairballs. You don't always see hair when they vomit due to hairballs. Sometimes the hairball is so big that the cat vomits up food because it can't pass through. You might need to put your cat on a high fiber diet that helps with hair balls. Some cats need hairball remedy one or twice a week.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is she eating dry food? I switched my cats to a mostly canned food diet instead of dry food and the vomiting has almost completely stopped. Now they only vomit if they actually have a furball instead of throwing up the food every day. Try feeding her mostly canned food for a week or two and see if that works. You may have to experiment with the varieties and flavors til you find what she likes, but it was worth it for us, as it made a HUGE difference in our house with all of our cats' digestive systems.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My indoor cats do not vomit, and we've had several cats. My MIL gives her cat hairball control treats every day, and she says that helps him not to get hairballs and throw up. Maybe that would help? She gets the kind in the plastic can(Whiskas? something like that), and it tells you how many to give them a day for hairball control.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• talk to your vet ours cats do this also and it is mostly when they eat too fast and too much when they do this they are both indoor cats also. I know someone told me that if you use chemicals on your floors like Swiffer to mop your kitchen and then the cats walk across that and then lick their paws that it can make them sick and harm them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i got the indoor formula for hair ball control in my cat and this stopped. when we got broke we bought the same old cheap stuff he had been on for his first few yrs of his life and lots more vomit. i had forgotten that the cat food helped with this and now wish i had bought the blue buffalo indoor formula.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Have you tried maybe switching to a Hollistic Food? or Organic cat food from the petstore? my cats have really stopped vomiting since I went that way, due to food allergies in one of my cats is why I switched..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2011