Permission slip 2 part Q adult content

1) is this weird to you. a permission slip from my sons teacher (full day kindergarten) that they're gonna have a movie day and watch "land before time". I google'd it to be sure, it's rated G. Not PG, but G. Kids not allowed will have coloring in the library. this is not putting a condom on a banana class, it's a cartoon. why would they need to ask?

2) have u ever gotten a peculiar permission slip before?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol that's kinda strange.....and no I haven't had a permission slip so far with my kindergardener to do anything on campus other than a puppet show where they showed kids on the puppets where it was ok and no ok to touch people.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Probably because so many parents now days are super ultra sensitive about their kids and tv. I have had people yell at me because we collect Disney movies, and they don't think kids should watch Disney.....
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Ugh, my son is obsessed with land Before time
    The permission slip is probably because the mother is killed by a t-rex!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• because some people don't believe in dinosaurs.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you watch Land Before Time, from a completely different (this a cute movie) perspective, it does tend to be a tad bit on the violent side, the little dinosaurs don't listen to what they are told, a little stegosaurus is mouthy and nasty, and yes it is possible to give a sensitive child nightmares. I think it's wonderful that the school sent home a permission slip instead of just showing your child a movie that they aren't sure will make him have nightmares for the next week or not.

I don't remember, so I probably never got one.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Possibly because it is out of the classroom for an extended time, watching a movie that in theory goes against some religions.?

m3rryweather

Answer by m3rryweather at 6:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I met some hard core christians before that didn't allow their children to watch anything with dinosaurs because they thought it didn't mesh with genesis. Teachers have to cover their ass with everything nowadays.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• wow that is odd.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• land before time does have mean scenes in it that could possibly scare the kiddos i think it's just so you know what they are watching and being exposed to
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I can remember from middle school on having to have slips signed to watch movies at school. I guess it's just in case. Although the movie seems harmless, I've never actually watched it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011