Babysitting charge?

So my friend needs me to start watching her daughter for her who is 1 1/2 10hrs a day monday-thursday! What shall i charge? I dont want to charge to much or not enough...can someone please help!!

jess_angelica

Asked by jess_angelica at 5:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• $80-$100 a week is reasonable.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yeah i was thinking around that too but wasnt sure...i will have her son 1 hour in am and 1 hour in afternoon so i told her i wouldnt charge for him sine he will be in school all day...i just want to be fair to her and not get under paid!!
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 5:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It might also depend on whether you're providing diapers/wipes or if she's providing. If you're providing, then I would lean toward the higher end.
    I agree that probably $20/day is average. You'll also need to decide whether she'll pay you even if the child doesn't come or if you only get paid for the days you watch the child.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 6:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Check out what local daycares charge for a week and prorate your fee for the missing day, then drop the price by about 15%.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• As far as i know she will be bringing her diapers and wipes and such...also said she would bring stuff for her to eat...which is not a big deal really...and only for the days she is here is what she would pay...i wouldnt charge her if her kid was not here!!
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I charge $25 a day for up to 9 hours and $28 for over nine. The parents provide diapers and wipes but I provide the food.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You can see what people charge/pay at care.com too. Search by zipcode
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2011