When do you start a pregnancy journal? What do you write in it?

I recently found out I may be pregnant with my first child. I had a urine test neg; I have the symptoms. My doctor did a blood test I find out next week. I want to keep a journal about my pregnancy, but I haven't a clue what to write in it. Do I include my symptoms? I'm lost, Please Help!!!

diamondsky

Asked by diamondsky at 6:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did one for each of my kids up until their first birthday. I'll give them the journals when they leave home.
    I just wrote what happened during the day, what people said about the pregnancy and upcoming birth, their siblings and what they said about the baby. I wrote how they kicked and squirmed, what was recently purchased and so forth. What their grandparents were doing and their health, the price of stamps and gas and milk. What music was on the charts, what was in the news. Just random everyday stuff and personal thoughts too. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hello and congrats on yoour pregnancy ! Yes keeping a journal is great, add your symptoms, cravings, pictures, weight gain, i also put a postage stamp in mine, petrol prices, baby shower gifts and games - who arrived at your shower, and the progress of your labour. It can be an endless journal. add everything and anything. Its Fun
    donelleja

Answer by donelleja at 7:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• There are some really cute ones that ask you the questions and you just answer as you go along, they even come with little stickers to illustrate some of it. Usually the journal starts with a positive test, you keep track of everything you want, dr. Appt, ultrasounds morning sickness how you feel about being pregnant. You can't do anything wrong in your own journal :)
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 7:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Congrats if you are preggo! My first DS is now 18 and I wish I would have kept a pregnancy diary with all my kids! With my youngest DS, I was given a Pregnancy Journal that tracked day by day the development of my growing baby and had a place to put how I felt physically, mentally, and emotionally, as well as a spot to keep track of weight gain or loss, and cravings. I pull it out from time to time to reminisce and I will also share things with my DS when he gets older, like you would baby book! I definitely recommend keeping one and I recommend the one I have! I have seen it at Babies R' Us, and Half Price Book Stores. Good luck and God Bless
    DSNMomma

Answer by DSNMomma at 8:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I just got a journal for my pregnancy and it is wonderful! It asks all the questions. There are also parts to put in your own two words about whats going on. Its called The Pregnancy Journal by A Christine Harris. You can find it at Babys R Us
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011