How do you fight a bad gut feeling?

I feel like I need to throw up, honestly. -Just received an email from our secretary, that the boss wants to talk to me on Monday about something. Monday! That's 3 1/2 days. Weekend! She didn't say what is was about (she won't know anyway - that's how they deal with things) and I don't dare to send a mail and ask him. So far it's never been good, so I suspect this time won't be any different. Our work is been monitored and I know I haven't been up to date with anything lately. Busted my a$$ though until late at night. I'd just be so embarrassed if it was about that.

My tummy is upside down. Any advice on how to enjoy the weekend anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Unfortunately, our gut feeling is usually correct. Try to stay calm and use the weekend to come up with a plan if your worst fear turns out to be rea.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... enjoy the weekend? GL... I guess until what it is, is faced, not going to set your mind at ease... here is to wishing you the best of luck though!!!

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Its hard to ignore a gut instinct especially something like this which is work related and you know how they do things there. I would just start thinking of the positive things. Like ok if you do lose your job then what? You can probably find a better job. Maybe you will find a company that treats their employees better. Maybe while looking for a new job you can spend time with the kids. Think about the silver lining basically. It wont take away what you fear will happen but maybe itll give you a little perspective and start looking around online for job openings. Who knows maybe you will find something even better?

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Do you keep an accomplishment file? This is a great thing to have when annual reviews roll around. I have a terrible memory, so I keep a file with completed projects, ideas that have been implemented, process documentation, etc. If you don't have one, spend the weekend reviewing your work for the last year, and put something together.

I would also send the boss an email, asking for an agenda for the meeting.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2011