Daycare Assistance.

Newly single mom of 2 boys (9 mo. and 21 mo.). State won't help stating I make "too much money". Strugging badly. What options are out there. For daycare would have to pay $600 per paycheck bi-weekly with only $300 leftover to live off of to pay rent, bills, and food. Impossible! Any suggestions?

karinaB

Asked by karinaB at 8:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• see if there are any home day cares in the area or see if there is someone in your family that can help. If not talk to the daycare and see if they will work with you maybe giving you a discount for now.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you feel comfortable about doing it, try Craigslist. I answered an ad from there. I pay $130 a week for 2 kids. She is wonderful with them.
    Anonymous

• see if there are any empty nesters that would love a youngster around again or find a teenager that would be home
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011